A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Vibrant Red

Time for the new CAS Watercolour challenge!


It's perfect for me this month as I have a few birthdays coming up.  First up is my adult niece - her favourite colour is red so here's a card for her:


I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with different Tombow and SU markers, spritzing lightly and stamping after each colour.  When happy with the colours, I let it dry and then lightly splattered some of the same colours.

I added a heat embossed sentiment, trimmed the panel down to fit behind a double-layered pierced frame die cut, and then popped it up on fun foam for more dimension.

Please come and join us at CAS Watercolour.  The challenge is open until January 24th, and entries must be clean and simple, must include watercolouring of some sort, and must be a birthday card.  There is lots of inspiration on CAS Watercolour from the rest of the Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer, Birgit (aka biggan of the Rapport Fran ett Skrivbord blog).

I'll be back soon with a birthday card for a friend whose favourite colour is purple!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black flower, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - Versafine Crimson Red
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, mixed media
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - various Tombow and SU markers, MFT Pierced Square Frame die, clear embossing powder, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Susan. Your niece is going to love it!! Great work with this technique, these flowers looks hand painted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rich Winter Red colors for your beautifully watercoloured flowers, Susan. Your niece will treasure her special card. You make me want to get out my PB "Unfolding" stamp. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red flowers and this one is so rich and gorgeous! You have mastered the spritzing with water. I always get too much. I need to practice more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bold and vibrant red colour you’ve achieved here, Susan. The image is perfect for this technique. Love the dimension from the popped up frame. Your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Susan and I love the colours you have used with a great combination of watercolouring and pencil work. I love the stitched frame and popping it up gives it lots of dimension. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    fantastic choice of colour for your flower, it's so vibrant and love the splatters they really complete the card. I can't wait to see this IRL:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When should I schedule my trip up there to learn to finally succeed with this fabulous technique! You have achieved the deepest, richest red I've ever seen with markers or inks too! You make them look like paintings! This is just gorgeous! I'm in awe of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card...the red looks so rich and wonderful Susan, sure your niece will love it!!
    Happy New Year mf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So artsy and so beautiful. Great technique and great effect x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love that red and the beautiful PB stamp! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.